Friends of the St. Charles City-County Library Book Sale
The Family Arena
2002 Arena Parkway
(Enter at Gate 2)
Saint Charles, MO
636-441-2300 x 1582
Sale: Fri, Aug 4 to Sun, Aug 6
- ST. CHARLES CITY-COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT -- FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY 2017 BOOK FAIR
- One of the largest Book Fairs in the St. Louis area
- Over 250,000 hardbacks, paperbacks, sets, records, and magazines
- Click here for more information
- NEW LOCATION THIS YEAR:
- The 2017 Friends Book Fair will be held at the Family Arena, 2002 Arena Parkway, St. Charles, MO 63303. Enter at Gate 2.
- Nearly 30,000 square feet filled with the best bargains in town!
- At this location, customers shop in comfort with wide aisles, cool temperatures (no matter how hot it gets outside), and plenty of convenient free parking.
- Friday, August 4:
- FRIENDS MEMBERS WILL ONCE AGAIN ENJOY ADVANCE SHOPPING HOURS
- 9:00 am to noon - Friends members only admission
- Purchase a membership now
- Friends memberships will be sold on Friday immediately after the 9 a.m. opening (Shop at 9:00 a.m. on Friday for the best selection.)
- Noon to 9:00 p.m. - Open to the general public.
- Saturday, August 5: 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Open to the general public
- Sunday, August 6: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Open to the general public
- $5.00 a bag day (most items) Standard size plastic grocery bags provided on site.
- BARGAIN PRICES - GREAT SELECTION:
- Most hardbacks $2, regular size paperbacks 50 cents, oversize paperbacks $1
- All children's and teen books 50 cents
- Magazines 10 cents
- AV materials priced as marked.
- Some very old books, reference materials and special items priced separately.
- On Sunday, books are sold for $5.00 a bag-standard size grocery bags provided.
- All books sorted into popular categories - easy to find the items you want!
- Some of the most popular categories: cookbooks, children's, crafts, art, western, mysteries, science fiction, biographies
- Separate area for children's and teen materials.
- Book Donations: Donations of used books are taken all year. Donations may be dropped off at any branch of the St. Charles City-County Library District.
- Leftovers: The Friends will donate the "leftovers" from the 2017 Fair to non-profit organizations (schools, churches, etc.) who can come on Sunday, August 5 between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. and pick them up. Books will be given away on a first-come-first-serve basis. Non-profit organizations interested in any of the leftover items should click here to sign up online or contact Erica Land at 441-2300 ext.1582 prior to the Fair.
- Volunteers: Approximately 300 volunteers are needed for a successful Book Fair. If you would like to help with set-up on Thursday, August 3 or work a shift at the Fair, click here to sign up online. Volunteer jobs include stocking tables, tallying sales, cashiering, providing information and loading and unloading trucks.
- Mark your calendar now and come out to support your FRIENDS!